Protecting Your Privacy
We keep your contact details for the following reasons:
- Send you service messages by e-mail, such as order updates.
- To deliver your purchases to you.
- Send you information by email about our new products and services.
- Fraud prevention and detection.
We do not store your card’s security/CVV code however we need your payment information for the following reasons:
- To give refunds and take payment.
- Fraud prevention and detection.
We store your contact history for the following reasons:
- To provide customer service and support.
- Track any problems or concerns you've had with our website.
- Letting you know about offers and news from The Real Handbag Shop.
- To invite you to provide your feedback following a recent order.
How long will your personal data be kept for?
The Real Handbag Shop takes every reasonable step to ensure that your personal data is retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, or as required by law. For example, UK tax law currently specifies a six-year period for retention of some of your personal data. The factors for determining the retention period for your Personal Data may include:
- Why we collected the data in the first place;
- How old the data is;
- Whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep the data;
- Whether we need the data to protect you or us.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to The Real Handbag Shop using cookies to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
- Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as, Add to Bag.
- Site analytics cookies – these Cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Targeting or advertising Cookies – these Cookies are only used to track user behaviour after a customer has been redirected to our website by clicking on our social media advert (Facebook, Instagram and Google Ads). They help us identify customers similar to our audience, target our advertising, limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. The data collected is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook. You can opt-out of this via your google and social media accounts.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of Cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by our website, you can do this through your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how or alternatively go to https://www.aboutcookies.org which contains information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please note that by deleting or disabling future Cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.